1 - 24 july 2022
A gorgeously queer festival celebrating YOU!
This festival took place last year. It was a fabulous month of workshops, performances, and social events in Oxford.
Say boo to cishet normativity, and say hello to self expression instead! From celebrating queer bodies at life drawing, to meeting new trans, nonbinary, and intersex friends at Fruit Salad, there's something for all you darlings.
Experience the magic of the London ballroom scene and learn to vogue with the legendary Jay Jay Revlon. Show your body some love at queer yoga, an hour of breath, movement and relaxation. Find gender-affirming clothes at G(end)er Swap. Share your story at Queer Voices. Try something new at Queerlesque. And come and see the iconic cabaret show OxPHWOARd, displaying powerful queerness in all its gorgeous, dazzling forms.
All of our events have a safe space policy, so you can be your authentic self without fear. Our events are all in accessible venues with detailed accessibility information on each event description. We believe in intersectionality and that queer experiences are hugely diverse, and that diversity deserves to be showcased. And most importantly, we believe that you are wonderful and powerful and valid ❤
Supported by Offbeat Festival
This festival is now over, but feel free to peruse the events we had on offer in July 2022.
- Sat, 23 JulGlass Tank23 Jul 2022, 13:00Glass Tank, Abercrombie, Oxford Brookes University, Gipsy Ln, Headington, Oxford OX3 0BP, UKThere is no better feeling than wearing an outfit that feels gender euphoric! But sometimes, it can be difficult knowing where to start when figuring out your personal sense of style. G(end)er Swap is here to support you to BE WHOEVER and WEAR WHATEVER.
- Thu, 21 JulOld Fire Station21 Jul 2022, 20:00Old Fire Station, 40 George St, Oxford OX1 2AQ, UKThe Oxfordshire Drag Collective brings you a quirky and eclectic celebration of queer in the finest way possible – a cabaret! Our glittering showcase features a mix of exciting new talent and established performers from around Oxfordshire, plus some marvellous special guests.
- Wed, 20 JulCommon Ground20 Jul 2022, 19:00Common Ground, 37-38 Little Clarendon St, Oxford OX1 2HF, UKOxford, are you ready to raise your gloriously queer voices? We hope you are, because the Queer Voices Open Mic Night is back, live and in the flesh! We'd love to see you for an evening of Queer poetry, music, and spoken word.
- Wed, 13 JulRose Hill Community Centre13 Jul 2022, 19:30Rose Hill Community Centre, Carole’s Way, Oxford OX4 4HF, UKGet into the Strictly spirit with social dance classes where your queerness is totally welcome! Hosted by Rachel Sparks Dance - be introduced to Ballroom Tango with gender neutral partnering.
- Sun, 10 JulSouth Oxford Community Centre10 Jul 2022, 14:00South Oxford Community Centre, Lake Street, Oxford OX1 4RPThis event is cancelled due to illness. Whether you’re an experienced artist or just fancy doodling around, this is a great place to make art and meet new people! This is a fun, safe, relaxed social space that runs monthly with a different queer model every time.
- Tue, 05 JulGoogle Hangouts05 Jul 2022, 19:00Google HangoutsDue to illness this event is cancelled. We're sorry for any inconvenience caused. Do you love quizzes? Are you excited at the thought of Free Tickets to one of the many events on during the T(ART) Pride Festival? Would you love to have a fun evening with other queer cuties?
- Sat, 02 JulRose Hill Community Centre02 Jul 2022, 13:00Rose Hill Community Centre, Carole’s Way, Oxford OX4 4HF, UKDive into the magical world of queerlesque! Brought to you by the team behind Oxford's biggest and best-loved cabaret OxPHWOARd, you can have a taste of the limelight with this introductory lesson.
- Fri, 01 JulOld Fire Station01 Jul 2022, 19:30Old Fire Station, 40 George St, Oxford OX1 2AQ, UKIn a glittering array of lip syncing, striptease and comedy, Ginger Tart and her cast are celebrating Pride the fabulous way. With some of the best in the subversive UK burlesque and drag scene, OxPHWOARd is an explosion of queer, neo and boundary-pushing cabaret.